IVF Reality Check

Night one of stims didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I forgot blocked out just how much I HATED shots, in particular the menopur burn! We started off gathering the medicine and lining it up on the kitchen counter. Then Tony made the mistake of saying, "I don't remember what I'm supposed to do" and all hell broke lose. Approximately 22 minutes, one screaming match, and some tears later I was laying down on the couch ready for my shots. The follistim was "easy" which just means it didn't burn like hell. The menopur felt exactly like I had remembered it, so of course the tears started flowing.



I still hate...

  • Needles
  • Menopur 
  • This Whole Process

I went to bed thinking about all the what ifs and feeling sorry for myself but a funny thing happened when I woke up. I did what I always do every morning, hit snooze two times then check IG and my emails. In my inbox I found the sweetest note from a fellow TTC Sister with the following quote:

"If you never chase your dreams, you'll never catch them"

Reading those words was exactly what I needed! I have a feeling night two of stims will still hurt, however the process will go much smoother. Next steps, Tony started his doxycycline this morning and I go back for blood work and an ultrasound Wednesday to check my progress.