A Wrench In The Works

I was supposed to have my surgery a week from today, but in my world, nothing seems to go as planned. 

The Doctor's office called on my drive home from a customer today. I was informed the woman filling in for the usual planner messed up everyone's schedule. She scheduled my surgery for a day my Doctor wasn't even available. Then to make matters worse, she told me my Doctor would be on vacation the last two weeks of August. The only date he had free was August 12th but the hospital hadn't called her back to confirm the time. I was told she would let me know within the hour.

So I waited.

I was over an hour away from home. I didn't know if I should cry or scream, I was utterly frustrated! I allowed myself to cry and drove the rest of the way home in silence. I told myself while I was in the car I could be mad and angry at the work, but the moment I got home, I had to move on. I'm tired of letting infertility rule my life. This whole journey has been a waiting game. I find myself wishing the time away and I don't want to look back years from now and realize all I did was fast forward through my life. It's going to be an everyday struggle, but I am going to try to live in the now. 

After I got home 2 hours went by and I realized I wasn't going to get that call back, so I called. 

The good news, they were able to squeeze me in on August 12th @ 1:30pm. Yay! I've never been so happy to have surgery scheduled. I go Thursday for a pre-op appointment. I guess I'll know more about my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy then. 

Surgery week is also our moving week AND my birthday week. Bring on the F-U-N!