National Infertility Awareness Week: Balloon Release


Sunday morning I woke up dizzy, nauseous, and exhausted. I had just increased my medication of Metformin and it was really kicking in. All I wanted to do was lay in bed, however I knew two special people in my life were waiting for me. We planned to do a balloon release for NIAW and I wasn't going to miss it for the world.


I meet Rachael in February 2013. We started talking and I soon found out we shared an obsession for frozen yogurt. In early March, over a large container of frozen yogurt packed with toppings, we talked about where we grew up, where we went to school, and how we meet our husbands. Wedding details soon turned into questions about wanting to start a family and we both realized we were on the exact same path. Fast forward a year...here we both are struggling with infertility. We have different infertility issues, but in the end it doesn't really matter. Everyone struggling with infertility are in the exact same boat and the end goal is the same; to have a healthy baby. We wanted to do a balloon release not only for ourselves, but to also raise awareness. Every infertility story I hear or read about inspires me to continue to share my journey. Rachael also blogs about her struggles over at Unnaturally Knock Up.


"Best friends are people who make your problems their problems just so you don't have to go through them alone." Rachael and I instantly bonded over talk of babies, tracking our BBT, and yes the over sharing of our cervical mucus! Our journeys are not yet over, however I wouldn't have made it this far without her constant support, strength, and love. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming, and in my mind, our children are playing together as we look back at these hard times as only a distant memory.



Rachael also introduced me to Amy (Captured by Amy Hart), the talented woman behind the lens in these beautiful photos. I'm so happy she was there to capture our special day.