CD6: The Winning Combination

Time is flying by!

We started shots last Friday (fake CD3). I was unsure of the new protocol 150 menopur, 75 follistim...until today. 

My ultrasound went great:

Follicle Growth
Right: 9, 9, 8, 5
Left: 10, 8, 6, 4 

My follies are growing so fast, I'm so proud of them lol for once they're really, truly working and doing their job (well, with a little bit LOT of help). Hopefully THIS is the winning combination. 

Side Effects
Not so hot. I thought menopur stung at 75 but 150 burns and is almost unbearable. The menopur makes follistim look like a walk in the park. I feel bloating and slight discomfort just like last time, however the headaches and extreme dizziness are totally new. I had to pull over yesterday morning I felt so dizzy. It's scary how out of control I feel. 

We go back for b/w and u/s Thursday morning. At this rate we'll be able to do an IUI early next week. Keep on growing little follies.


To help keep my stress at a manageable level, I'm giving acupuncture a try. My first appointment is Wednesday on CD8. I read you should go around CD8, right before ovulation and during implantation. Anyone have any insight? Success stories?