NYC Lower Manhattan Trend Walk


If you follow me on Instagram, then you were inundated with pictures from my NYC trend walk yesterday. We were looking at food, fragrance, fashion and art for inspiration. This was not a public food crawl or trend walk, however I highly recommend exploring NYC and all it has to offer. On this particular walk we only focused on a small area in Lower Manhattan, from the Lower East Side, to SoHo, Greenwich Village, and ended in the West Village. 

Here's a snapshot of our day...

Lower East Side
Essex Street Market

Lower East Side
Essex Street Market - Nordic Preserve 

Lower East Side
Essex Street Market - Nordic Preserve 
Blueberry Soup & Salmon Roll 

Lower East Side
Russ & Daughter's Cafe

Lower East Side
Russ & Daughter's Cafe
Try their shrubs, they are amazing! 

Lower East Side
Try everything! They have crazy flavor combinations like durian banana, cardamom lemon jam, and chocolate oat. 

Lower East Side
Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream 
Pictured - their vanilla flight 
(bourbon vanilla, burnt honey vanilla, and Madagascar vanilla)

SoHo
Try their toast! I had the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, 
and pepper flakes on seven grain toast.

SoHo
Try both a sweet and savory flavor combination.
Pictured - Cucumber + Olive Oil / Red Pepper Harissa + Feta / Zucchini Pest + Tomato / Mango + Avocado 

Greenwich Village
They have hundreds of teas, herbs, and spices. 

Greenwich Village
Try The Elvis - Peanut butter, honey, bananas, pickles, and bacon.

Greenwich Village
Probably my favorite place and if I lived in the city I would eat here every morning. 
Check out their menu, I can't even begin to describe the many different flavor combinations to you.  

West Village
Try popGelato, popSorbetto, or YogurtPop.

West Village
Try the seasonal flights at the Cheese Bar. I found this cute sign over at the shop. 

West Village
Try The Skinny / The Hangover / Hot Pretzel / Cookies and Milk

West Village
They only sell three things...salt, chocolate and bitters...however they also have the most beautiful flowers

West Village
The Meadow
Komforte Chocolates 

West Village
They have some of the best juices. I think they have 12 locations now in NYC, so check them out next time you're in the city. 
Pictured - I ended my night with their kale quinoa salad 

West Village 
I had to take a picture of their window...AHOY


Hope you find this NYC list useful

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" - Henry Miller