The Windy City

I got back from Chicago last night, however I was secretly hoping it would snow and I would be stuck there for another day or so. It was so nice to be away, I really need a vacation. I was in Chicago for work, but I had a lot of free time to explore the city by myself. If you follow me on Instagram you've already seen many of these pictures, so I'm sorry.

I stayed at the Public Hotel on North State Street and Goethe.






I had all morning to explore the city...




I also mastered the CTA. I wish the NYC subway system was this easy and clean.


I've never seen cloud gate, aka the "bean" this empty. 




My new favorite restaurant is Wildberry, across from Millennium Park. For those of you living in Chicago, I'm so jealous. I would eat here every morning and probably gain 100lbs in a month. I ordered an egg white omelet with a side of heaven...the berry bliss pancakes. I also tried their PSL, which is amazing. If I had more time, I would have gone back and ordered the cinnamon bun pancakes and red velvet french toast. There's always a next time! 


The first night we ate at Tanta, a casual Peruvian restaurant. 
I would highly recommend the pollo anticuchos, quinia causitas, and for dessert the los picarones. 




 The day of our trend walk/food trek was freezing, but thankfully the sun was out. It didn't start snowing until after dinner. We decided to explore the city of Pilsen since it's the next up and coming city in Chicago. Some of the residents say the town is now completely redefined by gentrification. I'm staying out of that battle, you can be the judge. If you love street art though, 16th street is covered. Throughout the town you'll find small coffee and chocolate shops, vintage clothing stores, and tattoo shops popping up all over. 








That night we ate at Dusek's in Pilsen. Their menu varies day to day, but everything we tried was amazing. Since we were with a large group we sampled everything on the menu. Yes, every single appetizer, entree AND dessert. It was hard to take any pictures because once a plate was placed on the table someone would start eating from it! 




The walls of the restroom were chalkboard, so of course I had to add Jen's Anchor of Hope ♥ 


I'm sad to leave but already planning a trip back in the spring or summer.