Let's Talk Acne

Back in high school I had really bad acne. Once I went on the pill it cleared up immediately. 10 years later I went off the pill and my face went crazy. It was like all of a sudden I woke up and my face was back in high school. Hello 15 year old self. 

Over the next 10 months of having no period and taking numerous medications, my face once again revolted. I went to the dermatologist and explained my situation. Since we are trying to become pregnant she couldn't give me any strong medications or creams since they can stay in your system a long time. Instead she told me I qualified for face surgery.

Face surgery...what's that??? 

I looked it up and it's also called m
icrodermabrasion. Microdermabrasion treatments make use of a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. I go about every two weeks and it's really made a difference. The treatments hurt a little but I've gotten used to them. I started back in October and my face soon cleared up. Now enter pregnancy.

We found out back in January that I was pregnant, then suffered a missed miscarriage and once again my face went crazy. Either the hormones, stress, or both kicked in 110% and for a couple of weeks I didn't go to the dermatologist and just laid at home trying to recover. I've almost given up on my face ever being clear again. I guess if I have to worry about one thing right now, I'm more focused on my failing body than on having perfect skin.