DIY Golf Place Cards

While my husband is busy watching the 2014 Masters Tournament today, I'm thinking about how golf has taken over our lives...in a good way. We got married at a beautiful golf course in New York overlooking the Hudson River and I ran with the theme. One of my favorite DIY wedding projects was our place cards.
Steps:

1. On your computer, type the names of your guests, corresponding table numbers, choose the font and size you want, and print. Make sure you print on card stock so the place cards stay upright.

2. Choose the size of your 'golf ball.' I used the 1 inch punch pictured below. You can also buy the Martha Stewart Punch from Michaels or AC Moore. 


3. It's hard to tell in the picture, but to create the dimples on a traditional golf ball, I used a Stampin' Up Embossing Folder. Hobby Lobby also has these embossing folders. 

4. Purchase golf tees from any online store OR go to your local golf course and ask for golf tees. Little known fact...they always have a free basket in the golf shop for players. 

4. Using a knife or handheld saw with a small blade, cut a slit into the top of the golf tee. My Dad was nice enough to do this step for me!


5. Once you have your tees cut, insert the golf ball place card into the slit. If you cut the slits too large, you will need to place a drop of glue to hold the place card. 

6. To display your golf place cards, buy a tray and insert a piece of grass or turf from your local gardening store. 

7. For easy mobility, wait to insert your golf place cards into the grass tray until you're at your venue.

My beautiful MOH setting up my place cards the morning of my wedding ♥

Enjoy!